Here are a list of the San Jose first time home buyer programs. Programs are targeted towards teachers, college professors, and ordinary first time home buyers. There are income restrictions, so not every buyer qualifies.
- Teacher Homebuyer Program (THP) – Program for San José public school teachers is designed for credentialed and emergency credentialed full time teachers who teach grades K through 12 in San José.
- SJSU Faculty & Staff Homebuyer Program (FSHP) – Program for full-time permanent San José State University (SJSU) employees.
- First Time Homebuyer (aka Equity-Share) Program – Downpayment assistance program with varying loan amounts in specific developments for low- and moderate-income first-time homebuyers.
The Welcome Home Loan Assistance Program offers a loan up to $25,000 for down payment assistance at 3% simple interest. Please see the San Jose City Wecom Home First Time Home Buyer Program for more information.
- Economic Stimulus and Tax Credit
- San Jose REO Home Sold – South 33rd.
- First Time Home Buyer Programs: Santa Clara
- How the California NEW HOME Tax credit Affects the Santa Clara Valley
- First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit